- Create a game plan. Do you need to sale your current home? If so, is bridge financing possible? If currently renting, do you need to provide 2 months notice to your landlord? When do you want to move?
- Get pre-approved financing. No point going home shopping if you don’t know how much to spend.
- Make a list of home needs i.e. area, budget, type of home, must haves…
- Drive, walk, run, cycle through the neighbourhoods you are considering. It’s important to get a feel for the area.
- Contact Ziglu to set-up you up on its home auto-notification system. You will get regular emails with new listings that match your home search criteria.
- Go view homes that you may be interested in. You can schedule a showing through the listing Realtor or Ziglu. You can also view potential homes through open houses.
- When you have found that special home, go view it a 2nd time . Bring friends, and/or family to get unbiased feedback.
- Ready to submit an offer? Contact Ziglu. We’ll do the necessary grunt work to ensure you get the best deal possible.
- Get a real estate lawyer.
- Once a deal is struck, you have 5-6 business days to fulfill the conditions. These usually include financing and home inspection. It can also include a review by your lawyer of a condo’s status certificate.
- Once the conditions are fulfilled, the sale is final.
- You lawyer will handle the rest. You will meet with your lawyer on the day of possession. He/she will give you the keys to your new home.
The following is a list of forms that may be used in the buying process. You may click on the forms to reveal its content with full explanation.